Friday, January 18, 2013

Snow on the Riviera?

Yesterday when we were leaving our apartment for school, it was pouring rain. But next something unexpected happened: it started snowing. Let me tell you one thing, I did NOT come to the Riviera for snow. I was expecting lows of 50, with improving weather in time. Well Mother Nature, you sure fooled me. The up-side of this though, is the Riviera inhabitants are definitely not used to snow. Even though it melted as soon as it touched the ground, for some reason the busses decided the couldn't run in such "terrible" weather. So...snow day! Several of us went to the girls' apartment right below mine to watch Friends for a while.

One thing about living in a foreign country that speaks a language you don't is the food. Sometimes I order something and have no idea what it is, crossing my fingers that it will be good. Because of their preparation and ingredient differences, sometimes I don't know what I got even after I start eating it. These next 3 1/2 months will sure be an adventure in that respect.

My roommate is really sick, I think she managed to catch what I was fighting off. Hopefully she is well enough to make it to our excursion tomorrow, the Italian Riviera. Stay tuned, I will post more updates following that trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment